GIFT Nifty indicates a flat start; US markets mixed, Asia trades flat

Dalal street is likely to trade with a flat start, as indicated by the Gift nifty .

U.S stocks traded in a mixed movements on Friday, as investors also headed to a Christmas weekend. The Inflation data could lead to bets on Federal Reserve’s interest rate cuts in the next year.

 Asian markets were mostly flat but still set to wrap up the year as one of the region’s top performers.

BSE midcap index rose 0.7 percent and SmallCap index rose 1 percent.


stocks today

Infosys AI Deal Termination: Infosys shares are anticipated to experience substantial volatility in Today’s trading session following the company’s loss of a multi-year contract valued at USD 1.5 billion

Happy Forgings IPO: Happy Forgings IPO is expected to have a strong listing, with the grey market indicating a premium of ₹400 per share. IPO received a robust response from all sections of investors during the bidding period from December 19 to 21.

Reliance Industries: Reliance Industries and Walt Disney signed a non-binding term sheet to merge their Indian media operations. Under the merger, Reliance would own 51 percent through a combination of shares and cash, with Disney holding the remaining 49 percent, giving more control to Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance group

Adani Wilmar: Promoters Adani Commodities LLP and Lence Pte Ltd. announced their intention to divest a 1.24 percent stake in the edible oil major, CNBC-TV18 reported. The stake sale by promoters is to comply with minimum public shareholding norms.

Biocon: Subsidiary Biocon Biologics signed a distribution agreement with Sandoz, granting the company exclusive rights to promote, sell, and distribute Adalimumab BS for subcutaneous injection in Japan.

V-Guard Industries: Promoter Chittilappilly Thomas Kochuouseph has offloaded 45 lakh equity shares, or 1.03 percent of paid-up equity, via open market transactions. These shares were sold at an average price of Rs 286 per share. However, Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund was the buyer for some of these shares.

Jindal Steel & Power: The company has entered into an MoU with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam (RINL) for the operationalization of RINL’s Blast Furnace-3 (BF-3). The furnace, set to be lit up on December 30, 2023, will boost production by 2 lakh metric tonnes of hot metal per month.