Global Health Limited is planning to raise Rs 2,205.57 crore through an initial public offering (IPO). The subscription for the IPO will be open from November 3 to November 7. The price band is fixed at Rs 319-336 per equity share.
The issue size of the IPO is Rs 2,205.57 crore. The IPO comprises of fresh issue of shares up to Rs 500 crore and offer for sales (OFS) of 5.076 crore equity shares totalling up to Rs 1,705.57 crore. The face value is Rs 2 per share.
Global Health Limited is one of the largest multi-speciality healthcare service provider having presence in the North and East regions of India in terms of bed capacity and operating revenues. The company was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan, a renowned cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon. Under the “Medanta” brand, the company operates five hospitals across Gurugram, Indore, Ranchi, Lucknow and Patna. One more hospital in Noida is under construction.
The company provides healthcare services through over 30 medical specialties and engage over 1,300 doctors led by experienced department heads and, spanning an area of 4.7 million sq. ft., which includes operational hospitals having 2,467 beds.
The company expects the number of total installed beds to exceed 3,500 at the end of fiscal 2025, which will cater to domestic and international patients as part of their strategy to capitalize on medical tourism.
The company said it has received national and international accreditations from the Joint Commission International, the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers and the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
Global Health Limited’s hospital at Gurugram has been ranked as the best private hospital in India for three consecutive years in 2020, 2021 and 2022. It is the only private hospital in India to feature in Newsweek’s list of the top 200 global hospitals in 2021 and was also featured in the list of top 250 global hospitals in 2022 by Newsweek.
The company has an on-going research studies and it is currently working with Qure.ai to develop artificial intelligence algorithms to increase productivity and improve the accuracy and speed of medical diagnoses, particularly in radiology scans.
- Tertiary and quarternary care provider recognised for clinical expertise in dealing with complicated cases.
- Large-scale hospitals with sophisticated infrastructure, medical equipment and technology.
- Strong focus on clinical research and academics.
- Growth opportunities in existing facilities and diversification into new services, including digital health.
- Focus on under-served areas with dense population and presence in top cities of large states.
- Skilled and experienced doctors in the healthcare space.
- Track record of operational and financial performance.
- Experienced senior management team with institutional shareholder support.
Profit After Tax
*All numbers are in Rs crore
Purpose of the IPO
The company plans to utilise the net proceed from the IPO for the following purposes:
- Investment in two of its subsidiaries, GHPPL and MHPL, in the form of debt or equity for repayment/prepayment of borrowings, in full or part, of such subsidiaries, aggregating to Rs 375 crore.
- Further, the company expects to receive the benefits of listing of its equity shares on the stock exchanges as well as create a public market for its equity shares in India.
- General corporate purposes.
Dr. Naresh Trehan is the promoter of the company.
IPO subscription open date
November 3, 2022
IPO subscription close date
November 7, 2022
Rs 2 per share
Rs 319-336 per share
Rs 2,205.57 crore
Shares aggregating up to Rs 500 crore
Offer for Sale
5,07,61,000 shares aggregating up to Rs 1,705.57 crore
Book Built Issue IPO
Lot Size Details
Small HNI (Minimum)
Large HNI (Minimum)
Allotment of shares
November 11, 2022
Initiation of refunds
November 14, 2022
Credit of shares to demat account
November 15, 2022
November 16, 2022
To check your allotment, click here