Tarsons Products Limited, a life sciences company, will open its initial public offering (IPO) for public subscription on November 15 and close on November 17.
The company plans to raise ₹1023.47 core through the IPO and the price band is fixed at ₹635 to ₹662 per equity share. The face value is ₹2 per equity share.
The IPO comprises of fresh issue of equity shares worth ₹150 crore and an offer for sale (OFS) of 1.32 crore equity shares by promoters and an investor.
About 60,000 shares are being reserved for the company’s employees, who will get the shares at a discounted price of ₹61 per equity share.
Tarsons Products Limited is a labware company headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, that has been in this business for the past 36 years. The company is engaged in designing, development, manufacturing and marketing of consumables, reusables and others including benchtop equipment.
The company is a leading manufacturer of plastic labware, bottles, carboys, measuring cylinder, desiccators, minicoolers, cryobox, test tube racks, pipette tips, petri dish, centrifuge tubes, cryo vials, pasteur pipettes.
Tarsons’ clients are spread across healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotech, food and environment sectors globally. The company caters to customers present in research organizations, academic institutions, pharmaceutical companies, CROs, diagnostic companies and hospitals.
Some of the company’s end customers include Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, National Centre for Biological Sciences across academic institutes and research organizations; Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, Enzene Biosciences across pharmaceutical sectors; Syngene International, Veeda Clinical Research across CROs; and Molbio Diagnostics, Agappe Diagnostic, Metropolis Healthcare, Dr. Lal Path Labs, Mylab Life Solutions across other sectors such as diagnostics.
The company has five manufacturing facilities in West Bengal and and their products are available across India through authorised distributors.
- Broad range of labware products across varied customer segments.
- Strong brand recognition and capacity to address significant opportunities in labware market.
- Well-established and long-standing relationships with the company’s clients.
- Pan-India reach with strong sales team and wide distribution network.
- Well-equipped and automated manufacturing facilities.
- Experienced promoters backed by a strong management team.
For the year/period ended (₹ in crore)
Profit After Tax
Sanjive Sehgal and Rohan Sehgal are the promoters of the company.
Purpose of the IPO
The company plans to utilize the proceeds for the following purposes,
- Funding its capital expenditure for a new manufacturing facility in Panchla, West Bengal.
- Repayment and pre-payment of certain borrowings.
- Selling shareholders will be eligible to net proceeds from its Offer For Sale after deducting related expenses and taxes.
- General corporate purposes.
IPO Opening Date
November 15, 2021
IPO Closing Date
November 17, 2021
Book Built Issue IPO
₹2 per equity share
IPO Issue Price
₹635 to ₹662 per equity share
Minimum Order Quantity
IPO Lot Size