Data Patterns Limited, an integrated defence manufacturer, will open for subscription of its Initial Public Offering on December 14 and close on December 16, 2021. The price band is fixed at Rs 555-585 per equity share.
The company plans to raise capital of Rs 588.22 crore which comprises of fresh issue of shares worth up to Rs 240 crore and Offer For Sale worth up to Rs 348.22 crore. The face value of each share is Rs 2.
Data Patterns (India) Limited is a vertically integrated defence and aerospace electronics manufacturer catering to the indigenously developed defence products industry. The company’s offerings cater to the entire spectrum of defence and aerospace platforms – space, air, land and sea.
Data Patterns has an in-house design and development capabilities and experience of more than three decades (including through our erstwhile subsidiary) in the defence and aerospace electronics space.
The company has design capabilities across the entire spectrum of strategic defence and aerospace electronics solutions including processors, power, radio frequencies (“RF”) and microwave, embedded software and firmware and mechanical engineering.
Data Patterns’ core competencies include electronic hardware design and development, software design and development, firmware design and development, mechanical design and development, product prototype design and development, functional testing and validation, environment testing and verification and engineering services opportunities.
The electronics manufacturer has 100,000 square feet production facility located on 5.75 acres of land at the SIPCOT Information Technology Park, Siruseri, Chennai, which has facilities for design, manufacturing, qualification and life cycle support of high reliability electronic systems used in defense and aerospace applications. The company also proposes to acquire an additional 2.81 acres of adjacent land for further expansion.
As on September 30, 2021, the company had an order book of Rs 581.30 crore, with orders from several marquee customers in the Indian defence ecosystem, which included the Indian government defence ministry, BrahMos, DRDO, the Indian government space organisation, HAL, BEL and a defence-sector public sector undertaking (DPSU) involved in the missile space.
- Integrated and strategic defence and aerospace electronics solutions provider.
- Well-positioned to benefit from Make in India opportunity.
- Innovation focussed business model.
- Strong order book across product categories supplying to marquee customers in the defence and aerospace industry.
- Modern and state-of-the-art manufacturing facility of international standards.
- Consistent track record of profitable growth on the back of scalable business model.
- Experienced management team and skilled workforce.
For the period ended (Rs in crore)
Profit After Tax
Srinivasagopalan Rangarajan and Rekha Murthy Rangarajan are the promoters of the company.
Purpose of the IPO
The net proceeds from fresh issue of the IPO will be utilised for the following purposes,
- Pre-payment or re-payment of all or certain portion of outstanding borrowings availed by the company aggregating to Rs 60.80 crore.
- To fund its working capital requirements aggregating Rs 95.19 crore.
- To upgrade and expand their existing facilities at Chennai totalling to Rs 59.84 crore.
- General corporate purposes.
IPO Opening Date
Dec 14, 2021
IPO Closing Date
Dec 16, 2021
Book Built Issue IPO
Rs 2 per equity share
IPO Issue Price
Rs 555 to Rs 585 per equity share
Minimum Order Quantity
IPO Lot Size