MedPlus Health Sevices Limited, a pharmacy retail chain, is planning to raise Rs 1398.30 crore through an initial public offering (IPO). The IPO comprises of fresh issue worth Rs 600 crore and Offer For Sale totalling to Rs 798.30 crore. The subscription for the IPO will open on December 13 and close on December 15, 2021.
The price band for the offer is fixed at Rs 780-796 per equity share. The face value of each share Rs 2. The company’s employees can buy the shares at a discount of Rs 11 to the final issue price.
MedPlus Health Sevices was founded in 2006 by Gangadi Madhukar Reddy, its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, with a vision to set up a trusted pharmacy retail brand that offers genuine medicines and delivers better value to the customer using efficient supply chain technology.
The company had started with just 48 stores in Hyderabad and has expanded its retail network to over 2,000 stores across Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Odisha, West Bengal and Maharashtra, as of March 31, 2021, according to the Technopak Report. The company has become India’s second largest pharmacy by focussing on growth and achieved leadership position in key cities in which they operate. Based on revenue from operations, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kolkata contributed approximately 30%, 29%, 30% and 22%, respectively, according to the Technopak report.
MedPlus uses a data analytics driven cluster-based approach for its store network expansion, whereby they first achieve high store density in a densely-populated residential area. This is followed by expanding the store network in the surrounding areas within that city, and expanded to other adjacent cities. This approach has helped the company to achieve an average revenue per store of approximately Rs 15.9 million, as compared to an industry average revenue per store of approximately Rs 2.3 million.
As of September 30, 2021, the company has primary warehouses in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Kolkata, Pune, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai and Nagpur. These warehouses are further supported by smaller warehouses in cities where it has higher store density.
The company offers a wide range of products including medicines, medical devices, wellness products, test kits, FMCG items such as home and personal care products, toiletries, baby care products, soaps and detergents and sanitizers.
- One of India’s largest pharmacy retailer with stores in important markets.
- Established brand name and value proposition to customers;
- Successful track record of expanding store network using a distinct cluster-based and replicable store unit expansion approach.
- High density store network enhancing omni-channel proposition.
- Lean cost structure and technology driven operations.
- Well qualified and experienced board and senior management team.
For the period ended (Rs in Millions)
Profit After Tax
Gangadi Madhukar Reddy, Lone Furrow Investments Private Limited and Agilemed Investments Private Limited are the promoters of the company.
Purpose of the IPO
- The net proceeds from fresh issue of the IPO will be used for working capital requirements of its subsidiary Optival Health Solutions Private Limited and general corporate purposes aggregating to Rs 600 crore. Optival will receive Rs 467.17 crore out of that Rs 600 crore.
- The net proceed from Offer For Sale will be received by the selling shareholders after deducting offer related expenses and relevant taxes.
IPO Opening Date
Dec 13, 2021
IPO Closing Date
Dec 15, 2021
Book Built Issue IPO
Rs 2 per equity share
Rs 780 to Rs 796 per equity share
Minimum Order Quantity
IPO Lot Size